Christmas Recital: A Merry Success

   Finally, it was the big day -- the day that we've all been working hard towards. December 15, 2018, marked the second Christmas recital of Songbird Studios. And believe me, one teacher over here was very excited!

   OK, so there were a few concerns running in the back of my head. But, as usual, I had a lot of confidence in my students -- confidence that was not misplaced. Because when each student gives me their best, whatever their best is, then I can rest easy. And we did have a very good recital. Each student performed well, kept their cool when mistakes were made, and hopefully enjoyed themselves in the process. :)

About half the students playing wanted to play from memory. I have been trying to encourage memorizing music, but wasn't going to make anyone who didn't want to play from memory. Needless to say, I was really excited over those who chose to! (I was holding their books off to the side, in case of memory lapses. I needn't have worried.) 

Some students' books don't stay open without help. ;)

It was especially exciting to hear my pre-teen students. As a teacher, I usually listen with the purpose of finding what needs correcting or improvement. So as I sat back and listened to them, without needing to teach them, I found myself refreshed -- and impressed. They played so well! 

This was my first recital (as a teacher) that included composers like Chopin, Haydn, and Foster on the program. 
   Afterwards, we had a time of visiting together. All the students had brought their family members along, which I really appreciate. It means a lot to children when their parents and older siblings show up for their events. And the children went outside to play. 

   It was a good recital. 

   Looking forward to see everyone back, starting January 7! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet