Water in the Basement!

   You don't really think about what it means to have two self-employed people in the same household -- until you have to move your workspace. Or use it for something else besides working. 

   Wednesday morning started out just like any other summer Wednesday morning for most music teachers: with nothing in particular on the schedule.

   That, very quickly, turned out to be a good thing. Right after breakfast, I ran down to our extra bedroom in the basement, looking for something.

   I didn't find what I was looking for. Instead, I found a large puddle. Flicking on light switches revealed several more large puddles. Puddles outside are normal when you live in the country, but ... inside?!

   The good news? The copious amounts of water were neither in Dad's office wrecking his files, nor in the studio wrecking my pianos! 

   The bad news? Currently, the water's the only thing not in our work areas. 



   Yeah ... the water was in the family library, as well as the extra room. Now the family library is, well, wherever we have an extra corner for books.

   Good thing I didn't have students this summer!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet