New Rates, New Inspiration, and Other Summer Events

This week came around, and I realized that it was time to run a studio update post. So without further ado . . .

   I'm really enjoying taking piano lessons again. My teacher is working strongly with me on the musical details of music, all the little things that make it music and not just tones of varying pitches. He keeps reminding me that I am partnered with the piano, that I am only responsible for pressing the keys and reacting to the sound the piano gives me. (If that didn't make much sense to you, don't worry. This really will make me a better teacher and musician, and that's what matters.) I am excited for fall, when I'll be able to start passing on the things I'm learning as well as the joy of music.
Myself playing in my teacher's studio. 

   Speaking of fall, it's approaching much quicker than I'd like to think! Which means I've got to get hopping on advertising. Well, I've already kind of started. I've sent in my application and fee to become a member of Parkland Music Teacher's Association. Yes, you read that right. I live and give lessons in Lac Ste. Anne County, and I'm becoming a member of Parkland Music Teacher's Association. There's no such thing as a Lac Ste. Anne Music Teacher's Association. I checked. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me! Anyways, PMTA is a good organization, from what I've seen. I competed in many of their annual Festivals in my elementary and teen years, volunteered once, and am aquainted with several of the members. I'm looking forward to join the group. :) Also it puts my name on their website, which is much easier to find than mine currently is.

   This fall, besides the exciting things I'm planning on teaching, I'm also introducing a new rate for lessons! To date, lessons have been $15/half hour, plus extra for books. This fall, parents will be able to choose between the old rate, or paying $17.50/half hour, books included.

   Also I am accepting preschoolers for music lessons. If you're a parent (preschooler or elementary-age) who's interested in lessons, click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet