OK... finally writing November and December updates

 Whoops! I never got around to writing a November update. Or a December one. 

   And to top it all off, I also forgot to take pictures. 

   Actually, correction: At my recital, I forgot to ask my mom to take pictures for me. Normally my brother does that. But he was dashing home to grab the dessert I hadn't thought of bringing. 



   Yeah. 

   So, let's start with November!

Composer Month

   Composer Month this year went well. As the month drew to a close, it became clear that the Chopin team was not winning. At 58 points, they came in last. Poor Chopin.

   The Brahms team started off with a bang, and were in the lead for at least the first two weeks. But at 76 points, they took second place. Not bad, Brahms. 

   The Tchaikovsky team won at 87 points! They owed 65 of those points to three students, who were all in the lead for individuals who brought in the most facts. Two of them tied for most facts at 22, and the third student was right behind them at 21 facts. I try to keep the teams balanced, but I guess I know who not to put together if I want to level the playing field!

December Recital

   Of course, the biggest thing in December was preparing for the Christmas recital, which went really well!

   Other than the lack of photographic evidence. And the fact that we left the cord for the video camera at home somewhere. (We did get a video. On my voice teacher's tablet. But I haven't received that video yet.)

   It was another joint recital between my voice teacher and myself. Which meant I had to sing. Which went fairly well. But since, if you've read this far, you really want to read about my piano students and not my singing, well, everybody did well! 

   It was the sort of the recital where you don't have any hilarious stories to tell afterwards. Which, though it might seem counterintuitive to the general pubic, is exactly the kind of recital every piano teacher hopes for. :) 

   For the first time, I performed a piece that I had composed myself. If I ever get the recital video, I hope to get the clip of "Mary's Prayer" separate from the rest of the video and upload it to YouTube. Then again, there's another video that my brother and I started work on six months ago that is still in the making.... Maybe I'll have "Mary's Prayer" ready for public viewing by next Christmas. 😏

Going Forward in 2024

   This spring is looking to be a busy one. I've already been asked to play piano for two weddings -- and playing for weddings is a first for me! I also fully expect to continue doing accompaniment, which is really enjoyable. 

   My teaching schedule is looking fairly full at the moment, but I've been self-employed long enough to know that can quickly change. So, if you're interested in knowing more, and don't mind being added to a waiting list (a great option if you haven't bought a piano yet!), click here to get in touch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet