First Week of Lessons!

I think I spent all of August looking forward for last week. :) Oh, don't get me wrong. I enjoy summer just as much as anyone. But I was eager to get back into teaching. And I was super excited about making the first lesson as fun as possible for both new students and returning ones.

   But I wasn't expecting that the first week of lessons would be greeted with -- snow.
Hmm. Welcome to Alberta! Oh, well, one student and I made the most of it. Instead of doing a fall-themed improv, we did Teach Piano Today's improv, "McDrip the Slushy Snowman"!


And I still managed to stick in a fall-themed activity with another student. 
These are just two of the activities that happened this week! 
With or without snow, it was a great week. I'm excited to have a few students starting with The Celebration Series from Royal Conservatory of Music. Also, besides more fun activities to teach theory, some of my plans for this year include a better look at some of the great composers, using words to teach rhythm, and a better look at producing music -- musically! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet