The Christian Musician: Something to Think About

All right, so this post is going to be rather short. Blame it on the apples (and apples and apples and apples!) waiting to be dealt with in our kitchen. ;)
   We have a fair number of trees. 'Only' three produced heavily this year, but believe me, that's more than enough!

   Back to topic.

   "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16.

   This was one of my memory verses several months back, and it instantly caught me. Try to follow the thought here. To me, this verse seems to suggest that our singing should be part of letting Christ's Word (the Scriptures) dwelling in us. It's also on more than just a personal level. Not only is my singing for me personally, but our singing should be meant to help each other in our Christian walks.

   Isn't that an exciting thought? Our music can serve a three-fold purpose: praising God, keeping ourselves on the right way, and helping others to learn and grow in Christ!

   Finally, the last part of the verse: "Singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Even though our music can be a blessing to others, let's not forget Who we are supposed to direct it to. It's to be directed to our God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Like the famous hymn, "Take My Life and Let It Be," eloquently states,

   "Take my voice and let me sing,
    Always, only for my King." 
Amen to that! 

   I think I'll go sing as I cut and peel more apples. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet