What's the Teacher Been Up To?


What have I been up to?

   Mostly gardening. Enjoying the long-anticipated sunshine and warmth. Unfortunately, the piano is indoors. If it were any other instrument, I’d probably take it outside to practice. I suppose I could drag the digital piano outside,  but . . . never mind.

   But I haven’t ignored my music. That would be the day!

   I went with the King family from Ross Haven Bible Camp twice this month to accompany their family quartet on “I Am Your Shield” by Rachel Wissman. [Include YouTube Link] This isn’t us. It’s just to give you an idea of the song, because if you’ve never heard it before, it is a great song.

   Then there was this week. I got to play handbells! Parkland Bells, the handbell choir I was a part of for seven and a half wonderful years, was doing a concert in Entwhistle. And they had a few ringers who weren’t able to make the concert. So . . .


Ringing during the fun piece, "The Lonely Goatherd." Hence the goat hats. 

My friends in the intermediate choir (the one I used to be part of) performing the skit, "Samson and the Haircut." 

   How would I rate the concert? Great fun! I had a great time all the way through, whether playing in the fast-paced “Allegro Con Moto” or listening to the stunning arrangement of “Immortal, Invisible.” Not to mention eating chocolate cake and catching up with old friends. ;)

   Music is a great gift. It’s even better when you can share it with others. Not to make money . . . just to put a smile on someone else’s face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet