For God's Glory

Image result for bach soli deo gloria

"It's such a blessing when hard work pays off and God blesses our efforts for His glory." This was the comment of a friend and fellow teacher when I shared with her that I had passed the ARCT practical exam.

   My friend's words have been in my mind recently. Because that is what I want -- not just for God to bless my efforts, but for Him to be glorified through my efforts. But sometimes I get bogged down. My studies are intense, and it's easy to start wondering, "How could God possibly be glorified in this?"

   But the answer to that should be clear to anyone who's been reading their Bible. Take Colossians 3:17, for instance: "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him."

   In light of that, I am grateful to say that I have passed the History 3 exam -- with God's help, and to His glory!

Side note: Second composing worksheet

   I promised a sample of the second composing worksheet I sent home with younger students this week ... so here's mine. Only, it looks a little different than the finished one. (See last week's post for a sample of the first worksheet.)
   Where the star is and it says, "See blog note" -- in the finished product, I moved the treble staff into boxes 4 and 5, leaving box 3 empty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet