Brief Update on Health Situation

Hello, everyone,

   As Parkland Music Festival has been postponed due to COVID-19, I thought I'd take a minute to update you all on how my studio will be dealing with this new health concern. But first, there's something more important to be said:

   God is in control of this! 

   "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment...." 1 John 4:18

   I'm not joining the throngs of people in their panic. That being said, I have no problem with taking precautions. So,


  • I am preparing to teach lessons via Skype, should a student, myself, or a family member get sick. (Even if it's just a common cold -- who likes catching a cold?!) Students will be asked to stay home if they are sick with anything.
  • The pianos in my studio will be wiped down frequently before and between lessons. I will find something to use as a cleaner that is anti-viral. 
  • Students will be asked to wash their hands properly before starting lessons. That means I will be checking that they used soap and scrubbed for 20 seconds before starting. (A humorous anecdote: Quite a few years ago, when my siblings were small, I asked one of them, "Did you wash your hands properly?" "Yes!" came the enthusiastic report. "20 seconds?" Yes!" Suspiciously, a final question popped into my head: "With soap?" The sibling's smile suddenly disappeared as they returned to the bathroom to wash their hands -- with soap!)
  • Students will also be asked to wash their hands again should they sneeze or need to blow their nose. 
  • For those of you disappointed with Festival being cancelled -- I am too! Try to comfort your children who worked so hard to prepare for a performance that never happened. Unfortunately, it's part of living in an imperfect world. Help them have a positive outlook about this situation. 
   My personal motto? Trust God ... and wash your hands! ;)
Image result for images hand washing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet