A Special Message from Me to You

 If there's one thing I want you to know -- one thing, from all the facts out there in the world -- it's in this post. So please read on:

   Life is fleeting. (That's not the one thing. Keep reading, please!)

   I was reminded of this last week, when I learned a childhood friend of mine, whom I hadn't seen in years, died in a motorcycle accident. 

   There's a famous statement called Pascal's wager that goes something like this: If God doesn't exist, and you live as though He doesn't exist, you lose nothing. If He doesn't exist, and you live as though He does, you still lose nothing. If God does exist, and you live as though He doesn't, you lose everything. If God does exist, and you live as though He does, you lose nothing and gain everything. (By the way, if you're really into science, philosophy, etc., I really encourage you to check out the link above. There's thousands of articles on every scientific topic you can think of. But that's beside my point.)

   What does Pascal's wager have to do with life's brevity? Well, that's where the one thing I want you to know comes in... or rather, the One Person. I want you to know Christ. I only have this life in which to tell you about Him. Life is fleeting, but Christ gives hope! 

   If I had found buried treasure, it would be selfish to keep it all to myself and not share it. If I knew the absolute, 100% effective cure for COVID-19, you'd be mad at me if I wasn't shouting out the news everywhere I possibly could. 


    I've found something better than treasure or the cure for COVID. 

   So, please, click on this link to read on. Because Christ is so much more than I could tell you in one short blog post. I'd love for you to meet Him!

Comments

  1. Lovely words, Sarah! I totally agree - thank you.

    Dana at https://www.music-for-music-teachers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dana, for your encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet