And I'm Back!

 It's not quite fall yet, I know, but truth be told, I've missed blogging. 

   As you can see, I didn't upgrade to WordPress, and if you have subscribed to my YouTube channel, you know I haven't done anything on that either. (Although, stay tuned! With the help of a friend who can sing better than me and my camera-savvy brother, I am planning the release of my first-ever music video soon!) I did work on my LinkedIn profile. Not that that's the greatest way to reach you, the parents, but I did connect with a former magazine editor/personal hero that I used to do some copy editing for. That was fun. 

   Anyways. You're not here to read about copy editing. (Maybe I should put that on LinkedIn. It might be more useful.)

   What's new in my music life? 

   Passing the last exam for my ARCT!!! 😌😄😄😄🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇🎇

   Now I'm just waiting for my certificate, which should come sometime between October and December. I got an invite to RCM's online Graduation Ceremony, but because they're based out of Ontario and there's a 2-hour time difference, the ceremony would start in the middle of our church service. So... I'm skipping the ceremony, not church. :)

   Also, I joined Alberta Piano Teacher's Association. That gave me a scholarship for my mark in theory (which goes towards my New Piano Fund) as well as free access to whatever webinars they may hold over the next school year. I like Parkland Music Teacher's Association, and I think I'll enjoy being an APTA member as well.

   Speaking of webinars, I'm about to start one about lesson planning in about five minutes. (Actually, by the time I actually post this, I will have already watched it.) My informal education continues. 

   So, before I dash off, studio update: With my ARCT, I am now accepting students up to Level 6, or theory students up to Level 9! Click here to learn more about online lessons, or here for in-person lessons. I've still got slots open!

   Oh, and now I need a picture? Mmm. You know, there's a reason you don't see many pictures of me here. It's because I'm not super visual, so I'd really rather just write. (I learn best by a combination of reading/kinesthetic, and I teach best kinesthetically.) I'm sure I must have something in my Meme folder for a time like this.



   Enjoy the last of your summer! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet