Hey, it's Composer Month Again!

 I hate it when I remember things at the wrong time.

   Like, falling asleep. Or when I'm in the middle of a conversation with friends. Or trying to make lunch. Or the morning that I'm supposed to be doing something that I completely forgot about up until then. 

   That's what happened with the October Update. That's also what happened with Composer Month. I remembered... last night. 

   But, as it stands, it is Composer Month again -- starting today! Here's a quick review of the rules of the game:

  • Students are assigned their teams. This year we are back to the Baroque era, with the Bach, Handel, and Purcell teams!
  • Each student brings in as many facts as they can for their specific composer each week. E.g. a student on the Bach team will bring in facts about Bach, not Handel or Purcell. Titles of pieces they composed and pictures of or related to them count too. 
  • On December 3, I will tally up the points each team has collected. This year, the winning team gets a sheet of stickers! (Because chocolate neither mails nor emails very easily to my online students.) 
   Of course, Wikipedia is a great place for facts. (Another website that's geared specifically for younger musicians is Kid's Music Corner.) But don't forget to check out books or audios from your local library (hint: the Stony Plain Public Library is great!). 

   Happy research!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet