No, I wasn't a childhood prodigy

Ever wondered if you really should send your child back for another year of piano? If it's worth it for them?

   My mom didn't wonder. But that had nothing to do with me. Absolutely nothing. I wasn't a Handel or a Mozart. I wasn't motivated to practice late nights in an attic, write my first (independent) compositions before finishing MYC, or go on a performing tour of Europe. No, I was very... normal. 

   Want to read about my early music education? Maybe you'll find that, as a child, I resembled... your child. It might give you a laugh. I hope it encourages you, as a parent, to keep on pursuing the talent you know lies in your child. 

Click here to read about the young and not-so-outstanding me. And to find out why my mom chose not to give up.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet