Finally! A New Music Video

Obviously, I teach piano. What you may not know about me is that I also write songs. It's fun, and a great way to express my faith. The challenging part, though, is what to do with the song after I've written it. A lot of my songs have only been heard by a select few (those select few having an odd resemblance to my parents and siblings in most cases). 

   See, I don't really sing. Oh, I'll sing while teaching, particularly if it's a solfege lesson. That's different. And I'll sing at home, in the garden, the shower, the car... anywhere where there's not an audience. And at church, because everyone else is too busy singing as well to notice my voice. I'll put it to you this way: My voice is an untrained voice. 

   That's when it's great to have a friend who sings. Like Bethany Fehr. Besides being an amazing friend and a thorough editor, she also has a lovely voice. Last year she willingly worked with me to make a video of my song, No Fear. This year, despite the fact that the Fehr Family Band had a very busy summer as they travelled and sang all over Alberta and then some, Bethany agreed to help me out with another video. So, without further ado....

   Enjoy "The Stars So Big."


   I wrote this song only a few months after "No Fear." It was pretty amazing -- the chorus just came to me while I was driving home from work one day. That's not an everyday experience! Most songs are a lot of sweat -- fun work, but not a piece of cake. Then I pulled the inspiration for the verses from various Bible passages in the Psalms and Job. It was a fun song to do together. Thanks again, Bethany! 

   (You'll get the monthly studio update next week. I just didn't feel like waiting to share this with you.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet