The Composers and Their Music

 More videos today! This time, we're taking a look at some of the music of Chopin, Brahms, and Tchaikovsky.

   If those three were novelists, Chopin would be the romance novelist, Tchaikovsky would be writing tragedies, and Brahms would contribute the epics and swashbuckling adventures. 

   However, the piece of music I'm going to share by Chopin may feel contradictory to the above statement. It's not really typical of the lyrical, soothing melodies that mark most of his compositions. But the Revolutionary Etude is among my personal favourites. 


   This Brahms piece is one that I learned for my ARCT. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea (most people don't care for Brahms's music), but this was without a shadow of a doubt my absolute favourite piece to play on my ARCT list. 


Finally, because it's more or less the Christmas season, who doesn't "The Russian Dance" from The Nutcracker? (Again, not a great illustration of Tchaikovsky's sense of tragedy -- but a great piece of music nonetheless!)


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet