Spring Recital and (Very Brief) Year Recap

Note to readers: 

   You won't be hearing much from me over the next few months, as I will be preparing for my ARCT and History 3 exams in August. However, if you're a parent looking for a piano teacher, I will be resuming teaching in the fall. So I am still available to contact. :)

Spring recital
Last Saturday found my students and I at a seniours' home in Stony Plain, doing our annual spring recital.

   I've mentioned before that that was something I grew up with -- the teacher that I stayed with the longest (about 5 or 6 years) always took us to a seniours' home every spring. It's a gift. It's a gift to the residents. It's also a gift to the student -- the chance to make music with a purpose,  to bring a moment of sunshine into someone else's life and to use music to benefit the community. Because music shouldn't be about who the spotlight is on. Sure, the spotlight feels great at the moment, but everyone will agree that kindness matters more than fame. And that's what I want my students to realize.

   Anyways, the recital went really well. Here's some photos for your enjoyment:

This boy here was playing "Amazing Grace." The residents loved it -- some of them started singing along! So after the recital, with permission from the nursing staff, I asked if he would be willing to play it again so we could have a brief hymn sing. He was willing, so off we went. It sure sounded like quite a few people were singing along! 




Duetting with a student on "Be Thou My Vision"

And yours truly, having fun playing a lively Spanish piece called "Seguidillas." :) 

   Now my students are off for their summer break (more or less), and I am busily preparing for those exams I mentioned. :) 

   Until next time, have a great summer!!!


Comments

  1. Music is not only a hobby but it is also a remedy for various health Issues. If you want to learn music, go for it.
    Music School In Delhi
    Piano Classes In Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet