COVID-19 and what that means for fall piano lessons

 Face masks and hand sanitizer bottle  for washing to help stop spreading covid-19 for public healthcare safety all personal crisis management. Concept Healthcare, Sanitizer, Face Mask, hygiene hands.

While I'm now offering online lessons, I've talked with enough parents over the past few months to know: Not everyone's hyped about the idea of taking lessons online. Many of you would rather continue with traditional, in-person lessons. But does that work in the new world of COVID-19 we've found ourselves in? 

   Actually, I believe in-person lessons can continue safely under the current situation. Here's my plan for how we're going to continue having lessons that are both fun and safe for everyone!

  • Students and anyone else who comes in will be asked to use either hand sanitizer or hand wipes with tea tree oil. (Why tea tree oil? It's an anti-viral, which makes it, in some of my friends' points of view, more effective against COVID-19 than antibacterial hand sanitizers. But it will be your choice which one you use.)
  • I will be wiping down the piano, chairs, pencils, and any items used during lesson time between lessons. 
  • There will be a masking-tape line on the floor. I will stay on one side of the line, and students and their families will be required to stay on the other. This ensures that we will keep social distancing. (I wish I had a photo to show you what I've got in my head. But if you read about our basement flood a few weeks back, well, I haven't been able to actually lay down any masking tape yet.)
  • I will wear a face shield and/or mask. This will protect you and your children, should I catch anything. 
  • Important! New studio policy. If you or anyone in your family is sick with anything (even if the sick person is not a student), I will ask that you respect the 10-day isolation period and please, don't come to piano lessons. Likewise, I will do the same should I or one of my family members get sick with anything.
   All these precautions, of course, are under the condition that non-essential services stay open. Which I hope they do. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet