Winners of Composer Month!

 And by now everyone who's not one of my student's parents or one of my friends is going, "You were doing Composer Month?! You never told us!"

   Yes, we just finished Composer Month this week! For those of you who might not be familiar, students compete to bring in the most facts about a specific composer. This year we focused on three Romantic era composers -- Schubert (who, to be accurate, can be considered either a Classical or a Romantic), Mendelssohn, and Liszt. (Why those three? I randomly picked the ones I thought might be the least weird and the most child-friendly. You could debate Liszt's lifestyle in the child-friendly department. But no one brought facts about his exploits, so we're good.) Students are awarded one point for each fact they bring in. 

   And, to announce the winner... *drumroll*


   ...the Liszt team! Congratulations!

   The Liszt team won at 34 points. Mendelssohn came in next at 30 points. The Schubert team may have finished last, but at 27 points, they weren't that far behind.  

   The girl who, as an individual, collected the most points, brought 29 facts to the studio over the month of November. (Now you know why the Liszt team won!) 

   For online students, I had them tell me their facts during the lesson, then I'd write them down, put the student's name at the top of the page (so I could keep track of who said what), and tape it to the right poster after lessons.

   Great work, everyone! Before counting, I really couldn't tell who was going to win just by looking at the posters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet