Blogging updates: Email subscribers, please read

 Hello, all,

   Two quick updates, both of which are very important but also very boring:

  • Thank you to those who have subscribed by email to my blog as I've blogged! I know that you're mostly (all?) my family and friends, and I appreciate your support! You might have gotten an email from Google about FeedBurner going away. I'm no techie, and I'm not sure what all the implications are, but the way I understand it, you might not receive any more blog posts directly in your inbox after July. Which might not matter anyways. I'm thinking of switching to WordPress in the fall. Everyone says it's better. Who am I to argue with the experts? (If you're a WordPress user and have a comment or thought on switching, please... you know.) If I don't switch, I'm sure Blogger will create a different widget, so you'll have to go through the process again if you want to stay subscribed.
  • At any rate, you won't be missing much over the summer. I know I haven't blogged much the last two years, and... that's about to get worse, not better. I'm taking a summer hiatus. But I will be back in the fall.
   I'd love to say I'll be spending the time revamping my blog, getting social media figured out for the first time, and working on my YouTube channel. Those things are all on my to-do list. But I have a hunch that I'll actually spend most of my summer away from the computer and in the family garden. 

   I know, that probably sounds like Stu and Bonnie Hops in Disney's Zootopia:

   But hey, someone has to grow the carrots to fuel the rest of the world. ;) And what can I say? I come from a long line of, yes, farmers. (But there's no 275 brothers and sisters; no worries! Besides, Zootopia underrates farmers. Judy couldn't have cracked that case without her agriculture background. Maybe that's why the rest of the police force was so stumped. It takes all types. Just saying, people.) It's in my blood, though there's no farm but just a vegetable garden and a handful of fruit trees. 

   While we're on the topic of blogging (or not blogging), here's a question for you. You're all quiet readers, the type that don't normally comment, but I really do need your feedback now. When I get back to blogging weekly in the fall, Lord willing, what would you like to see me blog about? Any posts I've written so far that were your absolute favourites? Also, if I got it into my head to start vlogging, would any of you have any interest in watching? Give me some ideas, please. (But, email subscribers, if you comment by hitting the reply button in your inbox, for some reason it doesn't get to me. You have to actually come here, to the blog, and comment below.) Thanks a million! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet