Recital Prep: Things the Parents Should Know

 


I think I've got to go back to writing down what I need to blog about in my planner. 

   This post should have been out two weeks ago. 

   Sorry! 

   Anyways, parents, please read this in preparation for our Saturday recital. (It's our first in-person recital since the pandemic started! Yay!)

  •      Make sure you and your family arrive at the church on time (a few minutes before 2:00 P.M.). Check the address ahead of time, so you know where you're going! Onoway may be a small town, but that doesn't mean you can't waste time driving in circles looking for your destination in it.;)
  •      Please be respectful of church property while we are there, and remind your children not to run in the sanctuary, play with things in the church, etc.
  •      Also please sanitize your hands upon entering. 
  •      Help your child feel relaxed before the recital. Many children get very nervous before a recital, which doesn't help them play their best! All your children are prepared for this. And, much as we'd like it if everything went perfectly, mistakes do happen and they're not a big deal. Remind them of these things. They will be fine! 
  •      Please clap for each student when they finish playing. All of them have put their best effort into this!
  •      I'm encouraging your children to compliment each other after the recital, so if you could also encourage this mentality, that would be great.
  •      Normally I encourage you to invite grandparents and other loved ones to your child's big performance event. 😄 However, the church I'm renting has a maximum capacity of 40 people, and if everyone comes, our group numbers 28. Technically, there's still room for 12 extra people (remember that all the other families have grandparents too!), but I would strongly encourage that, instead of inviting extra people live, you video your child later and show their proud grandparents the video. I also will be videoing the whole recital and sharing the video with you, my piano families, later. And speaking of videos...
  •      If you can't make it live to the recital (especially for health reasons), please give me as much advance notice as you can. Then, so your child's hard work doesn't go to waste, please send me a video of your child playing their piece within the following week, and I will add this video to the main recital video. If you do video, they should say their piece names, play, and then bow, just like they would in-person! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet