Three Really Exciting Things!

 I have three bits of news to share with you today. I think they're all pretty exciting. 

1. I got my diploma!


   Yes! Here I am, holding my Associate Diploma from the Royal Conservatory of Music, for completing the requirements of the ARCT in Piano Performance. And while you can't really tell from this photo, I was super excited when this arrived! 

   Now I just need to find a frame and hang it on the wall. :)

2. First in-person recital since 2019!

   Last Saturday, we had the first in-person recital in two years... and the very first recital for which I needed to rent a church.

   This, however, had to do with restrictions, rather than number of students. Under normal circumstances, everyone would still have fit in our basement. But for one thing, that's not legal currently, and for another, it probably wouldn't be that smart either. Our basement is open-concept, but that doesn't mean there's room for everyone to social distance. 

   At any rate, I was proud of my students!

   Funny story: When we got started, I asked, "Who's excited?" Most of my student stared at me with the usual, who-gets-excited-at-a-recital expression. Except three. Two sisters shot their hands up into the air at rocket speed. When their preschool sister saw that, her hand went up too! 

   Anyways, here's pictures, courtesy of my brother. Sadly, he was busy enough with the video camera that he didn't get his own camera set up until several of the really little (translation: cute) students had gone through, but he still captured some good ones. But if you don't like pictures, be sure to skip the photos and read to Exciting Announcement #3. It's just for you. :)


   Special thanks to Onoway Baptist Church for letting us use their facility. It was perfect!

#3. Christmas gift certificates are now available!

   It's true. If you live in Canada -- anywhere in Canada -- and would love to give that special kid in your life the gift of music, you can purchase a gift certificate this Christmas! I am offering them from now until December 23, 2021. 

   How do you pick up your gift card? Get in touch with me by clicking here. Mention that you saw my blog post on gift cards, so I know where you got my contact info from. I will give you further directions from there. :) (I will email the gift certificates upon completing the process, so you won't have to worry about mail delays. Be aware that I may take up to 24 hours to reply to an email.) 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet