Christmas Recital Update!

 Yes... another piano recital has come and gone! 

   It was my biggest recital ever. This is not only because my student count is higher than it's ever been (yay and praise the Lord!), but also because I was also coordinating with three other local teachers: Dori Whyte (check out her PMTA profile here) and two of my friends from The Fehr Family Band. It was a full church. It was fantastic! 

  






   I got to accompany again for Dori's students. The best part was Rossini's Duetto Buffo di due Gatta. That piece is such a riot! So much fun. Especially since the vocalists asked me to be a bit of a show-off and throw in my own "improvisational" run in during a longer pause. 😁
   The piano, we knew from experience, was too loud for some of the younger vocalists. Hence the quilt (and the pillows that you can't see stuffed into the back of the piano). 

   As for my students, while there were some interesting moments, they all did well. Not one of them let themselves get unphased by their mistakes, which is something I'm really proud of them for. A lot of them were having their first recital. Many of them told me afterwards that, while they felt nervous at first, they wound up enjoying themselves. Good work, everyone! 

   After the recital, snacks, and clean-up, my family went home for a quick supper, then headed back into Onoway to attend a Christmas service put on by four or five local churches pulling together. While it was neat to see churches of different denominations collaborating in a way that's rarely seen, the real attraction was... the Fehrs, of course. :) They were playing. It was great, as always! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet