Ready... set... go!

 It's official. Only three more days till lessons start! *wild cheers*



   With that in mind, you may have questions about piano lessons. If you are looking for a piano teacher for your child this fall, let me give you some links where you can find various answers to questions you might have. 

  • What are your rates? You can find those on my Rates and Contact Me Page.
  • What's a good age to get my child started on piano? Contrary to popular opinion, preschoolers are not too little to start on their music journey. I accept students as young as three years old. Want to know why? This blog post addresses three reasons why lessons for preschoolers really work! (Plus I've also had a preschool student. So I know from experience that it works, not just that it should work theoretically.)
  • Do online lessons work? Absolutely! And remember, I will gladly teach online anywhere in Canada. You can click here to see if online lessons is a good fit for your family. I have other posts that actually talk about my online experiences, too. You can read about my brainstorming and problem-solving experiences here and about the upside of online teaching here.
  • Do you teach theory? Yes, I teach theory! I teach it as part of the lessons I offer, but I also offer theory-only lessons up to Level 9. 
  • How do I know if piano is a good fit for my child? That's really a question you will have to answer, based on what you know about your child and your family. Personally, I think every child should take at least a little piano. How else will you find out if they love it or not? But if you need some guidelines to help you decide, I do have a post for that too.
   Any other questions that I didn't cover? Comment below! Better yet, go to the Rates and Contact Me page and send me an email. I'd love to hear from you! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And to this I said Amen

Gloves: For More than Keeping Your Child's Hands Warm

When Music Teachers Meet